The DancHE Early Career Group would like invite new and existing members to their next group meeting which precedes the Roundtable: Instigating, creating and responding held on the 8th November 2014, 11amat the University of Northampton, full details of which are available here.
The Early Career Group is designed for those who consider themselves in the early stages of a career in Dance in Higher Education. This may be in relation to teaching, research or postgraduate study. We welcome people from all backgrounds, for example:
- Those who have worked professionally in the industry and want to get into higher education teaching
- Those who have worked in other teaching contexts and wish to move to higher education
- Those who have engaged in higher education at some level, for example as a visiting lecturer, but want to develop their careers on this path
- Those who have undertaken research roles and want to transition into a lecturing role
- Those who are new to higher education dance lecturing or research
- Those in postgraduate study
The group aims to provide opportunities to network and support each other as well as share skills and initiate opportunities for development. We intend to hold meetings three times a year, usually along side other CPD events. We also offer a range of activity that involves working with more experienced academics and DanceHE board members.
If you have any questions about the group, or are interested in attending this event please contact Rachel Farrer (Rachel.email@example.com).