One Dance UK Dance Teaching & Participation Conference
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Making a difference to dance education through research
This is the first One Dance UK conference for dance teachers and practitioners working with young people. As a new organization and the Subject Association for dance in schools, this is an important moment to build on the success of the NDTA and Youth Dance England Conferences. It will include debate concerning the future of dance in the school curriculum as well as practical workshops and seminars spanning primary and secondary education, dance examinations, research and opportunities to get up to date with some of the latest educational developments.
In collaboration with DanceHE Championing the Value of Dance will feature research by and for dance teachers building on the very successful research sessions within the last four NDTA conferences.
Focusing upon or related to children and young people’s dance education within and outside of schools, we invite proposals for research led presentations that address (but are not limited to) at least one of the following areas:
1. Innovative approaches to dance education
2. Approaches to Dance teaching that challenge the status quo
3. How dance education is addressing a range of educational policy agendas
4. Benefits of dance education and participation to improving physical and mental health
- Proposals should be sent to: Amy Swalwell, Dance in Education Manager:Amy.Swalwell@onedanceuk.org Deadline for applications: Friday 13 October 2017.Successful applicants will be informed by end of October. Proposals will be assessed by the small team involved in coordinating the research sessions. www.onedanceuk.org