Trinity Laban Conservatoire for Music and Dance are seeking expressions of interest for the role of:
EXTERNAL EXAMINER FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY DANCE
The Postgraduate Diploma Community Dance (PDCD) is a vocational programme for people who want to work as professional dance artists in community contexts. The Postgraduate Diploma Community Dance supports existing and emergent dance artists towards the profession, enabling them to develop their artistic practice alongside the skills and knowledge required to work effectively as practitioners in a range community settings.
The aims of the Programme are:
- To provide learning experiences that engage students with dance as an artform and support their development as dance artists
- To facilitate students’ development as practitioners who are skilled and confident in teaching and leading dance in a range of community and participatory dance settings
- To foster students’ appreciation of, and engagement with, the values and principles of community dance as a context for their own practice
- To provide access to ways of learning and working which reflect, and prepare students for, professional practice in community dance
- To produce graduates who can contribute to the development of high quality, accessible and inclusive participatory dance opportunities which support the needs and aspirations of individuals and communities
Further information is available on the Trinity Laban website: https://www.trinitylaban.ac.uk/study/dance/postgraduate-programmes/postgraduate-diploma-community-dance
The External Examiner role
The External Examiners engage in dialogue with staff and students, observe assessment processes, and feedback on the Programmes (via an end of year report). The External Examiner would normally undertake two-three site visit per year, during which live assessed work would be viewed. Some components will be distance-moderated via filmed recordings of assessments or samples of written submissions. External examiner appointments are for 4 years. We would ideally be looking for someone with specialist knowledge/experience of the area who has not been involved with Trinity Laban as a Lecturer or Visiting lecturer within the last 5 years.
Please send expressions of interest with accompanying Curriculum Vitae to M.Clarke@trinitylaban.ac.uk